- 1 courgette chopped into cubes
- 2 carrots chopped into cubes
- 2 red peppers chopped
- 1 sweet potato chopped into cubes
- 1 red onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 750ml vegetable stock
- handful fresh basil
- handful spinach
- 1/2 can of light coconut milk (optional)
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- salt and pepper to season
- Chop the onion and crush the garlic then fry in the bottom of a large pot with some olive oil until soft.
- Add in the chopped carrots, peppers, courgette and sweet potato to the onions, then add in the stock and leave to simmer for 40-45 mins until vegetables are soft.
- After 40-45 mins, take the vegetables off the heat and add in the tin of chopped tomatoes, spinach, basil, salt and pepper and the optional coconut milk.
- Then blend altogether using a hand blender.