I have been making homemade granola for years now, and I am forever changing my recipe to make it the healthiest I can! This recipe is super quick and easy to make and can be altered to your own taste/preferences – not to mention it is super delicious! I now struggle to buy store bought equivalents, as I can taste the high levels of sugar in them. It also lasts at least a week (if not 10 days)!
4 tablespoons coconut oil
150 ml honey (or maple syrup for vegan option)
The Additional Ingredients
(this is what I like to add, feel free to add your favourite nuts and dried fruits to cater to your own preferences)
300-400g in total:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
2. Melt the coconut oil and honey/maple syrup in a saucepan, over a low heat.
3. Once fully melted, add in the oats and stir till all the oats are tossed through the mixture.
4. Finally, add in the remaining ingredients (seeds, nuts and dried fruits)
5. Place the mixture across 1-2 baking trays and place in the oven for approximately 25 minutes until golden brown. Toss the mixture with a spoon every 10 minutes to make sure it is cooked fully through and does not stick together.
6. Leave to cool for about an hour and store in a tupperware or glass container.